Blue and White

Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cutting the "Mantra Swirl"


I quickly pulled the lid off of my soap mold this morning and this is how it greeted me! It's so pretty and smells so sweetly tropical! I pulled the tape away from the parchment paper and eased it up out of its mold.



I really like the Mantra Swirl design on top! I'm hoping that the green didn't bleed too much into the yellow to obscure the design inside! Inside my house, the teal green color looks more blue. It's actually a very beautiful deep teal/blue/green color. I'll see if I can capture more of the true color outside.


Here, I'm measuring the 14" loaf of soap into 1" increments on both sides, then carefully slicing each one. I wish I had a fancy soap cutter, but I just can't get one right now.


Oooh! I see a pretty inside swirl! This is the fun part ... getting to see the inside as well!



The entire loaf has been sliced. It's so fun to feel the firmness of the fresh soap, see that it swirled well, that the colors remained true, and the essence smells sooo good!!


 This is a shot from the other side. Ooops! Haven't washed my soaping dishes, yet. I've actually found they wash much easier if the soap is totally allowed to saponify before washing.


The finished soaps outside! "Tropical Paradise"! This has been very fun! I'm hoping everyone else that's joined the July Soap Challenge has/is enjoying it as much as I have! Till later! ~

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love to make soap so much!! If I had unlimited resources and enough people to buy what I make, I'd make some every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colours! I enjoyed reading the entire process :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright cheerful colors! This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete